Odd Activity

by Alexa
(Wisconsin, United States)

Before I start, let me put out there that I do believe in paranormal happenings, demons, ghosts, and anything of the sort. I have had small things happen to me before, but there is one that I will most likely remember for a while to come. It happened when I was 11, but I'm 13 now.

My parents were going out for the night, and left me to stay at my Grandma's. I had been having a good night and all, and hadn't done anything that might trigger what began to happen. At least, I don't think so. It was time for me to go to bed so I did out in the living room on the couch while my Grandma went into her room down the hall. I watched TV for a bit then shut if off and was about to fall asleep.

I was on the verge of falling asleep when something violent slammed into the window right behind the couch. That jerked me right up and I looked behind the couch at the little area behind it and in front of the window and saw this weird, lumped black shape. I didn't scream, but I leaped out of the couch and backed away. I approached again but nothing was there the second time I looked.

A little spooked, I lay back down and tried to fall asleep. But I couldn't. I was tired, but it felt like it was almost physically impossible for me to fall asleep. There was definitely a weird presence there with me that night. I came to the conclusion it "entered" the house by running through the window, so to speak. It didn't feel like it meant bad intentions, but I was still freaked.

I turned on the TV and tried taking my mind off of it, but I couldn't. Then, I heard thumping in the back room that was on the far side of the kitchen, and the sound of a jar of cheese balls falling and breaking on the floor. I heard laughter. It wasn't demonic or mean-spirited, it sounded actually like whatever it was was having FUN. But I was terrified, especially when the door began to shake violently in its hinges.

I grabbed all of my stuff and raced out the door, back to my house which wasn't far away. I stayed up the rest of the night until my parents came home. I was never bothered again after that. I don't really know what that spirit was doing, but when I stayed overnight at my grandma's house again it never happened and everything was fine. I wonder what it was that really happened?

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to True Scary Stories.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.