Greek God Names - A to Z
The following is a list of male Greek god names. This list includes both major and minor male gods from both Greek and Roman mythology.
For a list of just Greek goddess names, click here.
For a complete list of Greek gods and goddesses, click here.
Note that clicking on Greek god names that have links will take you to a detailed description of that particular god. Not all gods have their own pages.
Greek God Names A-C
- Achelous - The patron god of the Achelous river.
- Aeolus - (a.k.a. Aeolos, Aiolos, Aiolus, Eolus) God of air and the winds.
- Aether - (a.k.a. Aither, Akmon, Ether) God of light and the atmosphere.
- Alastor - God of family feuds.
- Apollo - (a.k.a. Apollon, Apulu, Phoebus) God of the sun, music, healing, and herding.
- Ares - (a.k.a. Enyalius, Mars, Aries) God of chaotic war.
- Aristaeus - (a.k.a. Aristaios) Patron god of animal husbandry, bee-keeping, and fruit trees.
- Asclepius - (a.k.a. Aesculapius, Asklepios) God of health and medicine.
- Atlas - The Primordial Titan who carried the weight of the heavens on his back.
- Attis - The (minor) god of rebirth.
- Boreas - (a.k.a. Aquilo, Aquilon) The North Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Caerus - (a.k.a. Kairos, Occasio, Tempus) The (minor) god of luck and opportunity.
- Castor - (a.k.a. Castore, Kastor) One of the twins who represent Gemini.
- Cerus - The wild bull tamed by Persephone, made into the Taurus constellation.
- Chaos - (a.k.a. Khaos) The nothingness that all else sprung from.
- Charon - (a.k.a. Charun) The Ferryman of Hades. He had to be paid to help one cross the river Styx.
- Chronos - (a.k.a. Chronus, Khronos) God of time.
- Crios - The crab who protected the sea nymphs, made into the Cancer constellation.
- Cronus - (a.k.a. Cronos, Kronos, Saturn) God of agriculture, father of the Titans.
Greek God Names D-L
- Dinlas - Guardian god of the ancient city of Lamark, where wounded heroes could heal after battle.
- Dionysus - (a.k.a. Bacchus, Dionysos, Liber) God of wine and pleasure.
- Erebus - (a.k.a. Erebos) God of darkness.
- Eros - (a.k.a. Amor, Cupid, Eleutherios) God of love, procreation and sexual desire.
- Eurus - (a.k.a. Euros, Vulturnus) The East Wind - One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Glaucus - (a.k.a. Glacus, Glaukos) A fisherman turned immortal, turned Argonaut, turned a god of the sea.
- Hades - (a.k.a. Aita, Dis Pater, Haidou, Orcus, Plouton, Pluto) God of the Dead, King of the Underworld.
- Helios - (a.k.a. Sol) God of the Sun.
- Hephaestus - (a.k.a. Hephaistos, Vulcan, Sethlans, Mulciber) God of fire and blacksmithing who created weapons for the gods.
- Heracles - (a.k.a. Herakles, Hercules, Hercle) An immortal hero of many Greek legends, the strongest man on Earth.
- Hermes - (a.k.a. Pyschopompus, Mercury, Turms) God of commerce and travel, and messenger of the gods.
- Hesperus - (a.k.a. Hesperos, Vesper) The Evening Star.
- Hymenaios - (a.k.a. Hymenaeus, Hymen) God of weddings.
- Hypnos - (a.k.a. Somnus) God of sleep.
- Kratos - A god of strength and power.
Greek God Names M-R
- Momus - (a.k.a. Momos) God of satire, writers, and poets.
- Morpheus - God of dreams and sleep.
- Nereus - (a.k.a. Phorcys, Phorkys) Titan God who Fathered the Nereids. God of the Sea before Poseidon.
- Notus - (a.k.a. Auster) The South Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Oceanus - Titan god of the ocean.
- Pallas - A giant who was one of the ancient Titan gods of war.
- Pan - (a.k.a. Faunus, Inuus) God of woods, fields, and flocks. Also a Satyr.
- Phosphorus - (a.k.a. Phosphor, Lucifer) The Morning Star.
- Plutus - God of wealth.
- Pollux - (a.k.a. Polydeuces) One of the twins who represent Gemini.
- Pontus - (a.k.a. Pontos) Ancient god of the deep sea.
- Poseidon - (a.k.a. Neptune, Nethuns, Neptunus) God of the sea and earthquakes.
- Priapus - (a.k.a. Priapus, Mutinus, Mutunus) A (minor) god of gardens and fertility, best known for having an enormous penis.
- Pricus - The immortal father of sea-goats, made into the Capricorn constellation.
- Proteus - An early sea god before Poseidon.
Greek God Names T-Z
- Tartarus - (a.k.a. Tartaros, Tartarizo) God of the depths of the Underworld - a great storm pit - and the father of Typhon.
- Thanatos - (a.k.a. Mors) God of death.
- Triton - (a.k.a. Triton) Trumpeter of the sea and messenger of the deep.
- Typhon - (a.k.a. Typhaon, Typhoeus, Typhus) God of monsters, storms, and volcanoes. Challenged Zeus for control of Mount Olympus.
- Uranus - (a.k.a. Ouranos, Caelus) God of the sky and the heavens. Father of the Titans.
- Zelus - The god of zeal, rivalry, and jealousy.
- Zephyrus - (a.k.a. Zephyros, Favonius, Zephyr) The West Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Zeus - (a.k.a. Dias, Jupiter, Tinia, Jove, Jovis Pater) Leader of the Olympic gods, and god of lightning, thunder, and the heavens.
Click here to read the complete list of Greek Goddess Names.
Click here to return to the Complete List of Greek Gods and Goddesses.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.